5 Sweet Summer Libations To Try Today!
June 15, 2012 § Leave a comment
Summer is here which means eternal bliss. Okay, not really eternal but almost close when a glass of mint julep is at hand. It gets only better with good friends and family. So here’s five sweet refreshing libations to serve at your next garden soiree.
1) Summer Mint Julep
1 tablespoon of minted simple syrup
2 oz bourbon
4 large sprig mints
A can of club soda
- In a small bowl, dissolve 1/2 cup sugar in 1/2 cup of boiling water. Slowly mix in 1/4 cup of fresh mint leaves. Once done, cover and chill for at least 4 hours before straining. Throw mint leaves and keep syrup in refrigerator.
- In a shaker, mix crushed ice, freshly made simple syrup and bourban. Shake well.
- Pour drink into glass 3/4 full. Pour club soda till bubbly.
- Garnish with mint. Voila!
2) Pineapple Berry Sunrise
2 oz Ciroc Red Berry
4 oz Pineapple Juice
Grenadine Rose Syrup
- In a shaker, mix crushed ice, pineapple juice and Red Berry Ciroc.
- Pour drink into glass.
- Mix a splash of grenadine rose syrup.
3) Tropical Witches Brew
2 oz Orange juice
2 oz Cranberry juice
2 oz Pineapple juice
2 oz Coconut Rum
A slice of pineapple to garnish
- In a shaker, mix coconut rum, pineapple, cranberry, and orange juice over ice.
- Pour drink into a cold tall glass.
- Garnish with a slice of pineapple, if desired.
4) The Adult Cucumber Lemonade
1 oz Cucumber Vodka
1 oz Gin
4 oz Lemonade
- Pour cucumber vodka and gin over ice.
- Mix drink with your favorite lemonade.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber or lemon, if decide.
5) Bubbly Melon Martini
2 oz Midori
2 oz Vodka
1 oz Champagne
- Shake midori and vodka in a shaker.
- Pour drink in a martini glass. Mix in champagne.
- Garnish with a slice of watermelon, if desired.
We hope you enjoy our summer drinks! Try them and let us know what you think!